Stade Rennais Online - Le forum

Le forum des supporters du Stade Rennais

Vous n'êtes pas connecté.

#1 19-08-2018 22:57:59

New York Breton
Membre
Inscrit(e): 29-08-2013

Stade Rennais 18/19 Season Discussion

Hello friends. Still no season thread after 2 matches so here we go.

This looks to be a really big season with European play for the first time in 7 years! That being said, we desperately need to find replacements for Khazri and Gnagnon. I understand Grenier and Da Silva bring valuable experience, but I'm not convinced they have the leadership skills. Khazri especially - the guy had a killer instinct and played with tremendous urgency and hunger that really pushed the rest of the squad to perform. While Grenier has played very well early on (easily our best player through two games) I think it remains to be seen whether he can replicate that intangible x-factor Khazri brought.

Really looking forward to seeing Siebatcheu play. If he stays healthy he has all the potential to be breakout player of the year. I also really like the little I've seen from Del Castillo. Ultimately, everything hinges on these next two weeks and the transfer market. Letang needs to make a big splash. If he can hold on to key players and add one or two more, we could be in for a great season. If we don't add anyone and/or we end up losing key players, the hectic schedule will make things really difficult.

We have played really well against l'OM in recent years and I believe Sunday we'll bring back at least a point from the Velodrome... LET'S GO ROAZHON cool hermine

#2 20-08-2018 02:15:41

Clowny
World's Best Boss
Inscrit(e): 02-03-2011

Re: Stade Rennais 18/19 Season Discussion

I totally agree with you, especially with your views on Siebatcheu and Del Castillo.

But you're right, we didn't really replace Gnagnon. He was the boss of the defense and was more than good in the air. Da Silva doesn't seem being to fit in this role even if he can apparently be a nice recruit for us.

Khazri's succession is a more complex issue. Because Grenier has different qualities : his vision, his passes... But I agree, once again, we need a forward, maybe with a different profile but who would allow Lamouchi to push Sakho towards the bench. I think a polyvalent forward like Khazri would be an asset because we would be able to deal without Bourigeaud, Sarr or Siebatcheu regarding their respective condition.

Also, maybe the two first games showed that our preparation was hard and I hope our performances will be better in the weeks. Because we won't be able to rely on Sarr's exploits all the time.

#3 21-08-2018 00:00:18

Anthony35
Invité

As far as the leadership, I wonder if Khazri wasn’t doing a little too much : I think he has been quite selfish on some occasions, and that him missing the final rounds last year allowed the team to trust in it’s ability to do well on its own.

I believe that being irreplaceable is quite a failure for any leader.

Also, it would be quite difficult for Rennes to replace his experience and value at a reasonable price.

As far as Gnagnon, it would have been nice to get somebody with a desire to come as strong as his desire to leave...

Let’s hope that Mexer, if he stays, will play at his best level, that Nyamsi will improve, and that Da Silva will do more than just filling the gaps smile.

Tuff match to come against Marseille, but for sur it will be an awesome show!

GO GO GO RENNES eclairs

#4 27-08-2018 02:50:55

New York Breton
Membre

With the group stage draw coming up I'm wondering what those of you in France are hoping for (besides the easiest possible draw lol)

So...if you could travel (or are traveling) to a Europa League away match this autumn, who are the potential opponents that you find most exciting? From a competitive standpoint, and simply a traveling standpoint? I imagine it would be very exciting to see Rennes play at Stamford Bridge or the San Siro. A nice long weekend in Vienna or Copenhagen wouldn't be too bad either!

Realistically, if I had the time and money to travel, logistics would limit me to big cities where I can fly direct (London, Lisbon, Frankfurt, etc). Ultimately hoping we draw the weakest available teams and advance as far as possible. Allez Rennes

#5 27-08-2018 17:19:34

bizzz
Membre
Inscrit(e): 23-07-2013

For me:
Arsenal
AC Milan
Celtic
Stade rennais

But i am not sure Stade rennais and Celtic could be together

#6 27-08-2018 20:16:59

Clowny
World's Best Boss

I am divided over this. It's always special to play against big teams as we did in 2011 and we definitely remember those games even if we didn't win but it would be great to go further. So I would dream of a much easier group than bizzz with maybe one big club.

Dernière édition de: Clowny (27-08-2018 20:17:37)

#7 27-08-2018 23:56:14

Pinault rend l'argent !
Membre
Inscrit(e): 07-05-2018

For me :

Bâle
Celtic
Bètis
Rennes

smile

c'est sûr que j'peux mourir demain, tant qu'elle m'habite entre ses reins.

#8 31-08-2018 18:56:44

New York Breton
Membre

Looks like Bordeaux got my dream group for travelers. I see a lot of negativity on Twitter and in the French section of the forum. While we didn't draw any big clubs, here are the positives I take away from this draw:

- The first fixture is the most winnable of the six: Jablonec at home.
- 2 of the first 3 group stage matches at home. So important to get off on the right foot and build positive momentum!
- We get the trip to Kazakhstan out of the way early, first away match, in the month of September. Kiev and Jablonec both make that trip in November, when it could easily be below 0 degrees in Astana.
- When we host Astana in December it will be only their third match in four weeks (their league ends in early November). They'll have to shake the rust off AND make the long trip, circumstances that benefit us. It will also be nice to see Pedro Henrique, a guy who always worked hard and gave his all here.

All things considered, I think advancing from Group K is very doable. And taking into account the Champions League groups, I think there's a high likelihood of French teams meeting in the later stages of this Europa League.

Is anyone traveling? I'm considering going to Kiev (only direct flight for me) but I don't want to die rires

#9 31-08-2018 20:14:00

Levi
Membre
Inscrit(e): 03-08-2018

Finally a positive comment about our draw smile

#10 01-09-2018 04:47:56

Anthony35
Invité

@New York Breton

I quite agree with your statement. You’re the first one I see talking about going to Kiev! I’m looking for the cheapest way to go, so I might go with the RCK...

Might not be the best way to stay out of trouble, though, but I think I’m gonna go for it!

#11 09-09-2018 19:09:48

New York Breton
Membre

Be careful if you do go to Kiev. Their ultras are fucking maniacs! I remember there were issues when Guingamp went there. I just realized it won't be possible for me, since I would miss my girlfriend's birthday. I'll probably end up making a Bretagne visit late 2018 or early 2019.

#12 09-09-2018 23:00:39

Roudoudou
Agecanonix
Inscrit(e): 11-06-2006

I was about to post a similar message, but in French so that it would be read. There are great risks of attack outside of the stadium by the Ukrainian hooligans who are the world's most dangerous :

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/6202573/ … gue-final/

Since Stade rennais is a real professional football club, they should get in touch with the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs (and not only visit the France-Diplomatie site) which will most certainly warn them to strongly advise their supporters and the RCK NOT TO GO TO KIEV in view of the great risks at stake. Ouest-France should also take their part in such warning.

À chaque époque, il est des gens qui ne pensent pas comme tout le monde, c’est à dire qui ne pensent pas comme ceux qui ne pensent pas.
-Marguerite Yourcenar -

#13 10-09-2018 13:05:36

Anthony35
Invité

I believe that everybody is aware of the situation, however I wouldn’t rely on The Sun for information. This newspaper is quite a piece of trash.

I think that if Kiev is not able to secure a safe environment for foreign supporters, their groups shouldn’t be allowed to travel to other countries’ stadiums.

But hence nobody seems to be keen on doing the travel, I clearly won’t get there by myself. It wouldn’t be fun.

#14 11-09-2018 10:02:57

New York Breton
Membre

Will Group K matches be televised? As of now I see no TV information for Jablonec next week. I really want to see the live atmosphere. I'm expecting a full and LOUD Roazhon Park. Just the thought of it warms my heart! It's frustrating being far away as a supporter, not being able to go to the stadium and relying on streams. Roudoudou, I don't know how you managed before the internet, hunting down the only L'Equipe vendors...that would have driven me insane!

Also, is it just me or do the "treves" often seem to arrive when we're in a good rhythm and playing well? roll

#15 11-09-2018 10:17:59

Clowny
World's Best Boss

In France, it will be broadcasted on the new TV channels RMC Sport but unfortunately it's a new pay-TV channel that noboby can afford when there are already beIN and Canal. I don't know about the other countries , I think all the matches are supposed to be televised. But I'm pretty sure we'll have streams.

#16 19-09-2018 12:19:39

MichaelBBack
Membre
Inscrit(e): 30-08-2015

New York Breton a écrit:

Looks like Bordeaux got my dream group for travelers. I see a lot of negativity on Twitter and in the French section of the forum. While we didn't draw any big clubs, here are the positives I take away from this draw:

- The first fixture is the most winnable of the six: Jablonec at home.
- 2 of the first 3 group stage matches at home. So important to get off on the right foot and build positive momentum!
- We get the trip to Kazakhstan out of the way early, first away match, in the month of September. Kiev and Jablonec both make that trip in November, when it could easily be below 0 degrees in Astana.
- When we host Astana in December it will be only their third match in four weeks (their league ends in early November). They'll have to shake the rust off AND make the long trip, circumstances that benefit us. It will also be nice to see Pedro Henrique, a guy who always worked hard and gave his all here.

All things considered, I think advancing from Group K is very doable. And taking into account the Champions League groups, I think there's a high likelihood of French teams meeting in the later stages of this Europa League.

Is anyone traveling? I'm considering going to Kiev (only direct flight for me) but I don't want to die rires

Totally agree with this. I know some people were frustrated with the draw but I was thrilled. I think with the teams we've drawn and especially the way the schedule has fallen, we've got a major chance of getting out of this group and into the latter stages. From there, who knows what could happen?

Really looking forward to seeing the first fixture tomorrow. It's absolutely the most winnable game, as you said, and it'd be fantastic to start off our European adventure with a big win (or any kind of win, but big wins are always nice!). I think Astana will struggle against some of our more technical players, so I can see us winning at least one of the fixtures against them too. Let's say we take 7 or 8 points from the four games against those two teams, we'll be in a fantastic position to move on.

I actually went to Kiev like... nearly a decade ago to see Manchester City play there. It was freezing and a bad night all-round, but I didn't see any violence.

I think we'll lose in Ukraine as Dynamo are very, very strong at home, but all five other games are winnable. We won't win all five, of course, I'm not that optimistic, but this is a nice group for us. I can appreciate that it might have been fun to welcome a team like Chelsea or Milan to Roazhon Park, but I'd prefer to see us playing well and having a real chance of qualification than just having one or two showcase games in a much more difficult group.

#17 20-09-2018 20:57:29

New York Breton
Membre

Chelsea or Milan will be for the knockout stages early 2019 smile

Incredibly frustrating but ultimately satisfying victory against Jablonec. You couldn't have written a better Hollywood ending to the match with HBA stepping up and burying the penalty! He's clearly still not ready to play 90 minutes, but I thought he showed one or two flashes of brilliance today.

Siebatcheu has been very unlucky so far. No goals yet in three starts but he could just as easily have 4 or 5. I'm expecting big things from him this year top

Also Kiev conceded a last minute equalizer which puts us top of Group K. ALLEZ RENNES!

#18 22-09-2018 21:51:02

MichaelBBack
Membre

Exactly! top

Yeah, what a game. We desperately needed that win so I was thrilled to see HBA step up at the end. And the result in the other match fell in our favour too.

Agreed on Ben Arfa, I think he's clearly not quite at his brilliant best (naturally, after what happened to him in Paris), but there were definitely glimpses of his greatness. A bit like when Gourcuff came back, we saw a few flashes in his first games but it took a while for him to really start hitting his stride. I'm sure we'll see something similar with Hatem.

Totally agreed on Siebatcheu too. I really like that kid. Very unlucky not to have netted his first one for us yet but it'll come sooner rather than later, I'm sure. It's been a long time since I've genuinely been so excited about a Rennes striker. I hope I'm not speaking too soon but I think he's got a ton of potential. I really like the way he moves in and around the box, seems to be a very smart player.

I think it's probably a good thing we're playing PSG tomorrow. A lot of teams struggle juggling the Europa League Thursday night games with their weekend fixtures, but we've kinda got a free pass here because nobody is ever expected to beat Paris, so we can just give it out best shot. A loss will still suck, but it'd be more dramatic if we were heading into a derby with Nantes or something like that.

#19 07-10-2018 11:04:37

yesugei
Membre
Inscrit(e): 17-12-2016

The agenda that the french press, especially ouest france have against Letang is insane. The bad name that they are giving him lately is incredible considering the work he has done. Penven and Idrac were quite clearly pretty close to the old staff and were very disappointed that they got the boot, add in the fact that they were big mates with prcic, and that we didn't keep khazri, it means you have a couple of influential journalists slating the president at the first opportunity. Letang has put them to shame with his work rate and the level that the club has attained and made them quite frankly look like amateurs when he was on pleine lucarne. There is also the fact that they don't seem to be getting any news under the radar or ahead of the curve, for example l'Equipe always getting the right team and not OF. All this in my opinion has really annoyed OF, and now things aren't so rosey for the first time, (baring in mind that we have been very unlucky in front of goal and our keepers haven't made a single save all season) they've gone in for Leteng all guns blazing and you can already see the people just drinking it up.

For example, after the game midweek, i'd seen a few fans saying "oh, now things aren't going well where is letang?" or "why is letang not saying anything now the results aren't so good". And yet that very evening OF came out saying that letang had spoken to the players and will talk to the press this sunday, and then letang is the bad guy for being to involved, he has too much control, he needs to take a step back and taking down a peg or two. I don't know, I just feel like all this is a load of BS created by the media cause they don't like him, this is also backed up by the fans who letang and lamouchi went to talk to at training. I mean how bad can it be if they are willing to come and talk to the fans, keep us involved and feeling united in this run of "bad" results? Compared to Ruello when it was so us vs him and his constant lying letang is 100% better.

Now yes if he sacks lamouchi, it will be very harsh, but it goes back to what he has always said, at rennes we now expect a high level of performance, and if we don't deliver, he will intervene.

Going back to the media and OF and their Letang agenda, just be mindful that what they write isn't always the truth and not always very objective. If we win today and against st etienne, we will be talking about top 5 again, but thats just football fans i guess. But yeah I just feel that he's got a lot of unwarranted criticism lately and that a couple of wins, a bit of luck, no more hitting the post and we'll be back where we deserve.

Dernière édition de: yesugei (07-10-2018 13:03:49)

#20 11-10-2018 13:32:48

Anthony35
Invité

Oh yeah : Létang doesn’t speak enough, then he talks too much...

People seems to be frustrated that he’s too professional to be blamed. They can’t acknowledge that their favorite players wouldn’t do shit by themselves, because these commentators don’t know what a team effort is. All they know is that most of them wouldn’t be able to feed their families, if it wasn’t for the boss that hires them.

So they blame him rather than questioning themselves. But a team is more than its individual members sum, and Létang is quite right to let them be a group on their own : he did his job by putting them together, now his job is to set the things straight in the club and to give them the tools to work. Not to tell them what to do, how to play nor to lace them shoes up.

But people identify themselves with the players, so they require Létang to be the leader they miss in their own lives, while they project on him the hatred they love to feel about their own boss, the one that makes tangible their lack of self-awareness.

So childish... But that’s the way it goes! And fortunately Létang already knows it.

#21 12-10-2018 19:47:31

New York Breton
Membre

Glad to hear it's not just my (mis)perception from across the ocean! I happen to like Idrac and Penven. I follow their work in OF and watch Pleine Lucarne pretty regularly. They seem like decent enough guys. But it's important maintain a healthy skepticism and not believe everything we read. Journalists are only human like the rest of us. They hold personal biases and opinions that invariably impact their work, even if they like to wax poetic about impartiality and the sanctity of their profession.

The French press as a whole is absolutely anti-Letang, and even more so anti-Stade Rennais. Compare the L'Equipe headlines when we lose 2-0 away in Europa League, to when Bordeaux has a disastrous finish to lose 2-1 at home in the same competition on the same day. It's disgusting. I see more positive coverage of SRFC in British and American sports websites than in French ones. Every Senegalese football fan I meet in New York wants to talk about Ismaila Sarr. One day when we eventually pull off a "Leicester City" you will see journalists throw themselves from rooftops and windows around Paris.

Professional sports are a results-driven business. That is simply the reality, whether people want to acknowledge that or not. If it was about personalities and people we liked, I would say send out Danze with the armband every match. The sad fact is he isn't good enough, no matter how much of a good guy he is or how much I like him. Winning and success are a culture. I think Letang has been right to emphasize this - the culture of this club must become a winning culture. Success should be a perennial expectation, not a pleasant surprise or an impossible dream. I suspect part of the resistance to this sort of ethos is sociopolitical in nature which is really too bad.

I support Letang, Lamouchi and the entire squad. Still optimistic for this season. Koubek will bounce back, Ben Arfa will dazzle, Sarr will continue to grow as a player, Andre will finally put away some scoring opportunities, and we will buy a defender in January! ALLEZ RENNES love

#22 30-12-2018 11:11:03

New York Breton
Membre

Hello, friends. It's a fantastic time to be a "supporteur Rennais" smile

I'm hoping someone here can advise me. I've asked on the French section of SRO, on Twitter, called SRFC long distance, called Real Betis long distance, still can't get a straight answer.

Here is my question:

I've arranged travel from New York to Sevilla, arriving February 20. I have a hotel reservation from Feb. 20 until Feb. 24. The only thing I'm missing is a ticket in the away end at Estadio Benito Villamarin. How and where can I purchase this ticket?

Thank you in advance for your advice. I may be very far away, but I love and live this club as much anyone. There is simply NO WAY I will miss the biggest tie in the history of our club! Please advise.

For any of you who will be in Sevilla during these days, I will be sightseeing and partying in the city REGARDLESS OF THE RESULT so let me know if you'd like to link up!

ALLEZ RENNES and Happy New Year et Bonne Année!!!!! <3

#23 30-12-2018 11:47:47

Pedro Menezio
Skinhead bigoudi
Inscrit(e): 31-05-2016

bonne année overseas friend !
love:oui::top:

L'humanité sera véritablement heureuse lorsque le dernier capitaliste aura été pendu avec les tripes du dernier gauchiste.

#24 22-02-2019 16:00:15

Engi09
Membre
Inscrit(e): 15-02-2014

Vivant à Londres depuis 7 ans, j'attends impatiemment ce déplacement à Arsenal, c'est peu de le dire.
Savez vous quand les places seront ouvertes à l'achat pour être avec les fans?

Can't wait

#25 07-03-2019 22:33:07

MichaelBBack
Membre

Tonight, we saw one of the greatest games in the history of SRFC. Thank you SO much to the players, the manager, the coaching staff, the fans, *EVERYONE* who was involved in this magical evening. Let's hope we can finish the job in London but even if we don't, tonight was simply immense.

Utilisateurs enregistrés en ligne dans ce sujet: 0, Invité(s): 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Pied de page

[ Généré en 0.029 secondes, 9 requêtes exécutées - Utilisation de la mémoire: 743.17 KiO (Pic : 784.07 KiO) ]