Stade Rennais Online - Le forum

Le forum des supporters du Stade Rennais

Vous n'êtes pas connecté.

#1 20-03-2015 10:32:05

Gillingham
Membre
Inscrit(e): 20-03-2015

English football fan interested in attending match on April 12th

I am a non driver visiting Kerrouet village in the Cotes d Armor area and wondered if it is possible for me to get to your game by public transport?Maybe taxi then train but would want to be able to get back to my accommodation that night.Ideas welcome.
I support the English league one side Gillingham but love to get to a game when I travel abroad.

#2 20-03-2015 13:10:03

coco-22
Membre
Inscrit(e): 23-07-2010

Re: English football fan interested in attending match on April 12th

You could have several choices:
First case: You take a taxi to go in "Lamballe" and then you have trains to Rennes.
Second case: You go on french carpooling websites (covoiturage.fr is the first here) and search someone which is going from Loudéac to Rennes! I'm quite sure you cloud find it, and it will be at least really cheaper !

Last one: Post a message in the topic "Covoiturage", which is located in "Joueurs, staffs et supporters" ! You could do it in car with Rennes' fans!

If you've got some questions, I could help you !

Dernière édition de: coco-22 (20-03-2015 13:11:49)

#3 20-03-2015 15:16:20

Gillingham
Membre

Many thanks COCO will give it some thought also better tell the wife before sorting anything with anyone else.Tempted to put a message on this site option 3 but I speak no french so any trip may be asking a bit much of anyone with no English.On the other hand traveling back on my own on a train could have problems of it's own. Love to go to games as a neutral supporter but have not had much chance outside the UK up to now.As most of our trips abroad have come during the close season.

#4 20-03-2015 15:31:59

coco-22
Membre
Inscrit(e): 23-07-2010

This game (12 april ) is a special one for us, it's a regional, so you could meet fans from both sides, but it's sympathetic!

You can post it in English, or in French it could be something like that : " Bonjour, je recherche quelqu'un qui fait le voyage Loudéac-Rennes, pour Rennes-guingamp le 12 avril, je parle seulement anglais".

Don't be shy to go with other fans, it could be only for the travel and then you enjoy your game alone. If you didn't have the opportunity before, it could be nice for you. If you want speak in private messages smile

#5 20-03-2015 17:46:20

Gillingham
Membre

Never really been that shy in the UK I am very outgoing happy to chat to anyone.On a visit to Brittany last year I even watched the world cup final as frenchman's guest with his family a few of which spoke English.Which was something I will always remember.But it is the thought of trying to sort something with someone who I have never seen and they have not seen me.But you are right life is for living and I am really not doing much as my wife (she drives but hates sport but never minds me going.)and son are doing a French Cooking classes all week and I am just going along to eat and drink and relax.Glad it the game is a friendly affair. I believe we real fans of the game those that go should stand together. it's the plastic's tv fans and the likes of Sky (their money distorts the game) that is destroying the game in my view. Is it likely I can buy a ticket on the night?

#6 20-03-2015 17:53:15

KantBZH
Membre
Inscrit(e): 21-10-2014

You should take a taxi to Lamballe and then take a train (SNCF) at 15:21 to Rennes (arrival at 15:59). Then you take the underground to "Republique" and then a dedicated bus to "Stade Rennais".

Eat a "galette-saucisse" and enjoy the game.

To go back, you take a bus to "Republique" and then the underground to "Gares". Ther you take a bus (ILLENOO) to Loudéac (at 19:45) and get off in Plémet (at 21:05). And you take a taxi!

SNCF
http://uk.voyages-sncf.com/en/
There are trains before 15:21 if you want to spend few hours in Rennes before the match. Pay attention : there are TGV so book it as soon as possible!

ILLENOO
http://www.illenoo-services.fr/en
http://www.keolis-armor.com/horaires/Loud14hiv.pdf
I recommend you to book it so as they know you have to take it. The bus is just next to the railway station (whe you get off the undergound, take the north exit and go on your right). Don't miss it or you will spend a night in Rennes (or bankrupt yourself with a taxi).

TAXI
Lamballe : http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/annuaire/lamballe-22/taxis
Plémet : http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/annuaire/plemet-22/taxis
Don't forget to book it before your trip.

CAB IN BRITTANY

PS : get your ticket there asap https://billetterie.staderennais.com/fr … 2015/17h00
The stadium might be full for that special match.

Dernière édition de: KantBZH (20-03-2015 17:56:40)

• Champion MPG et pas que dans son cœur • Grand vainqueur de débats du soir • Pianiste sur un clavier AZERTY • Accident waiting to happen • Ado attardé • Twitter

#7 20-03-2015 17:56:31

Grig
Membre
Inscrit(e): 23-06-2009

There might be leftover tickets on game night but I advise you buy a ticket before at usual dealers (most supermarket will have some for sell). A little history here : Guingamp (also called Gwengamp by our breton speaking friends) won the French cup against us twice since 2009. There is, therefore, some kind of competition between the two clubs, mostly the fans though. There might be some buzz around the game and the stadium is likely to be almost full, with only high prices tickets or seats with poor view. I don't know how you like to live the game so I can't really tell you which stand you should go.

Also I didn't think of that but you're not that far from Guingamp fans area, so you might want to ask on their forum about your travelling needs, maybe you can find somebody in the neighborhood who could help you.

#8 20-03-2015 18:11:03

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Inscrit(e): 19-10-2011
Site Web

Brittany may look small on a map but it's fucking massive!

29918.jpg
For Rennes news in English: @WeAreRennes

#9 20-03-2015 18:17:36

KantBZH
Membre
Inscrit(e): 21-10-2014

Actually he's halfway between Guingamp and Rennes! Almost 80km each side!

Dernière édition de: KantBZH (20-03-2015 20:17:54)

• Champion MPG et pas que dans son cœur • Grand vainqueur de débats du soir • Pianiste sur un clavier AZERTY • Accident waiting to happen • Ado attardé • Twitter

#10 20-03-2015 19:48:31

Grig
Membre

Glasgow_Celtic a écrit:

It's actually 3 times smaller than Scotland.

#11 20-03-2015 20:30:11

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

Grig a écrit:
Glasgow_Celtic a écrit:

It's actually 3 times smaller than Scotland.

Scotland's massive too. big_smile

All of this is Scotland. lol

29918.jpg

#12 20-03-2015 20:33:45

Gillingham
Membre

Thank you all.Anyone know the best Guingamp forum as I am unable to find it.Looking at the maps there could well be many of their fans passing close by and it could be safer than public transport.Although the wife drives she has a really busy week so I may well try both fan sites and see how it goes.I have a feeling getting back may be a real problem using train and bus without speaking any French.I can't see the wife welcoming a 1-2 hour drive in the dark to find me.Her French is better but she gets lost in England when taking a new route without help.

#13 20-03-2015 20:52:37

Grig
Membre

You're welcome. Feel free to inform us of your progress in finding transportation for the game.
If I'm not mistaken, the official forum of EAGuingamp is http://forum.eag.fr/

@GC : well you include a shitload of water in your picture. Scotland's area is 78,387 km² while Brittany's 27,208 km², which is roughly 3 times less.

#14 20-03-2015 21:14:10

Gillingham
Membre

I will let you know on my transport cheers. Only right that I tell the wife I want to go first.For the record I love both Scotland and Brittany.In many ways both seem to have common ground.Although Brittany is part of France the locals seem very independent minded.As for size I would guess Brittany wouldn't be far from the size of Wales.

#15 20-03-2015 22:33:07

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

Wales is still a fair size.

Brittany is massive for it to be just a region of an entire country.

Brittany independence? roll

29918.jpg

#16 20-03-2015 22:34:38

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

Grig a écrit:

@GC : well you include a shitload of water in your picture. Scotland's area is 78,387 km² while Brittany's 27,208 km², which is roughly 3 times less.

I like your measurement 'shitload' lol

In Scotland, it's a 'shit tonne'. tongue

29918.jpg

#17 24-03-2015 10:51:00

Gillingham
Membre

I have the go ahead to get a ticket as the wife is happy to take a trip into Rennes:D.She a great lady most of the time.But I never force her hand but it is rare she will not let me go to football I go to almost all our home games and about 6 away games a year plus see other teams play from time to time.She works most saturdays so it is not as if we avoid each other.I am missing two Gillingham games in the week we are away but the catering course was a must to help my son into employment and as a reward for working so hard and doing really well in his college course this last 3 years.After really poor record at school due to having concentration difficulties and dyslexia. I am going to try to sit near a American on another thread it would be nice to be able to speak to someone at the game about players etc.If that area is full I am open to try another area with another english speaker.
As my wife doesn't want to drive right into town can anyone recommend a good place to park with easy transport links.We want to visit Dinan before coming into town if we have time Have lunch there.Then try to arrive in the area by 15 hours.
Thanks to everyone who has tried to help I wish I could shake you all by the hand and thank you personally.I could not find a way of getting the ticket i wanted online. Is there any way of having choice seats or do they just sit where they want you for that price.Do I need to phone in which case do any of the ticket people speak english?
I will be wearing a Gillingham shirt (blue)I am in my mid 50s if anyone reading this sees me please come and say Hello.

Dernière édition de: Gillingham (24-03-2015 10:58:03)

#18 24-03-2015 14:42:49

Grig
Membre

By "my wife doesn't want to drive right into town", do you mean to park in a nearby city, or at Rennes' entrance? I strongly recommend you park in Rennes, but in the surrounding quarters like Villejean, where your wife can take the subway, and you can go to the stadium by foot (although it would be a 15 minutes walk). Maybe someone will give you some better advice, but that's a place to start. Also the city of Rennes is not very busy on Sundays as most stores are closed.

Regarding your seat, it seems the booking for Guingamp's game is in fact automatic, most likely to prevent Guingamp fans to regroup easily in our stands. Therefore, it's gonna be difficult to get a seat near NYB, unless you can talk to somebody in the ticket office. I'm not sure, though, that they can speak english. If you're used to going amongst fans (and by that I mean fans that sing), you should go for Ouest-France haut and then come down to be part of the Kop, but if you just want to watch the game, sitted, then both the Super U or Credit Mutuel de Bretagne are for you (those are more expensive, though).

I'll be at the game, so maybe we'll get a chance to see each other.

#19 24-03-2015 16:32:27

Roudoudou
Agecanonix
Inscrit(e): 11-06-2006

Why don't you just hitchhike with your wife ?

À chaque époque, il est des gens qui ne pensent pas comme tout le monde, c’est à dire qui ne pensent pas comme ceux qui ne pensent pas.
-Marguerite Yourcenar -

#20 24-03-2015 16:40:46

Gillingham
Membre

Can't get a ticket near New York I e mailed the club and got a reply in French very quickly.I understand now that I can't buy a seat so I would love to come and join the singing as best I can.I did that in Switzerland and it was great fun even with no German I tried my best and got some laughs.Mind you many of the swiss speak English.Which block should I get in Ouest-France haut?I would promise to give Rennes good backing as EAG have still not replied to my original text.Love to meet even if it is brief.I also promise to give a report of what I thought of the game a stadium etc on here when I return the following week.

#21 24-03-2015 17:38:12

Grig
Membre

There will be very few people singing in the top part of Ouest-France stand. That's why I suggest you buy a ticket there but join the singing area in Ouest-France. Although the price of the ticket will be more expensive, it seems there's no sell of Ouest-France bas tickets online. If you choose to do so (buying a ticket in Ouest France upper stand and then go down in Ouest France lower stand) you can buy your ticket in whatever block you want, since you're not going to use it. Some explaining might be in order : in the lower stand - during important games - you have an allocation but there's a large part of the stand that, well, stands up, and therefore you can go anywhere. I suggest you come early to make sure you get a good spot though (when game begins, lots of people just stand in the stairs).

Here is what RCK (the most active fan section) said before a similar game against Nantes :

RCK a écrit:

INFO : Il reste encore quelques billets en tribune Mordelles (Ouest-France) Haut pour le match de demain face à Nantes !
Avec ces billets, vous pourrez descendre en tribune basse et ainsi vous joindre à nous !!

Which roughly means : "There are still a few tickets in Ouest-France Haut for the game tomorrow! With those tickets, you can go down in the lower stand and join us!"

#22 24-03-2015 20:09:00

Gillingham
Membre

Looks like I have managed to complete order for a ticket not easy as my computer stopped translating for some reason.Bought block X behind goal will come down to cheer on team.Now as I understand I wait for e mail then how do I print E ticket at home?

#23 24-03-2015 20:10:57

Grig
Membre

You'll get a PDF file you need to print.

#24 25-03-2015 10:00:23

Gillingham
Membre

Really looking forward to the game. I have what looks like the ticket that made me start really looking forward to the game.Rennes prices seem good value English football prices are much higher even at my club you pay about £20 in advance £23 on the day. Premier league price go for silly money. I notice the Brittany teams are very close together in the table at the moment.I will try to read up on the teams nearer the time any chance of sending Gillingham a player on loan for next season.No I thought not.Is there anyone in the squads who has played in England?Anyway we have the little matter of Crawley away on Saturday around 100 kilometers from Gillingham. I am going as it is one of our few local away matches.

Dernière édition de: Gillingham (25-03-2015 10:01:28)

#25 25-03-2015 19:15:44

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

Gillingham a écrit:

Really looking forward to the game. I have what looks like the ticket that made me start really looking forward to the game.Rennes prices seem good value English football prices are much higher even at my club you pay about £20 in advance £23 on the day. Premier league price go for silly money. I notice the Brittany teams are very close together in the table at the moment.I will try to read up on the teams nearer the time any chance of sending Gillingham a player on loan for next season.No I thought not.Is there anyone in the squads who has played in England?Anyway we have the little matter of Crawley away on Saturday around 100 kilometers from Gillingham. I am going as it is one of our few local away matches.

Gelson Fernandes has, he played for Man City many moons ago.

29918.jpg

Utilisateurs enregistrés en ligne dans ce sujet: 0, Invité(s): 1
[Bot] claudebot

Pied de page

[ Généré en 0.029 secondes, 9 requêtes exécutées - Utilisation de la mémoire: 745.09 KiO (Pic : 785.99 KiO) ]