#27 19-10-2013 17:32:54

Fonky Fab
Membre
Inscrit(e): 23-05-2009

Re: Following Rennes from New York

I was going to say the same big_smile

NYB,
What did you sell?

Dernière édition de: Fonky Fab (19-10-2013 17:35:13)

"Je trinque souvent très rarement."  Sylvain Wiltord

#28 19-10-2013 18:21:21

New York Breton
Membre
Inscrit(e): 29-08-2013

Rublo a écrit:
New York Breton a écrit:

[...] galettes saucissons [...].

It's saucisse, not saucisson! wink

So now you see why I want to spend some time in France to improve my French smile *Edit: it's also why I stay on the English section of the forum...

French was my first language but living in America and only visiting France once a year or so, I've never had the opportunity to really maintain my level. I understand 95% of spoken French, but I struggle with writing and grammar sometimes. I took a few French classes in high school and university. The thing is, once I visit, my fluency improves dramatically. After a week or so I even start dreaming in French.

My sales background includes fundraising for charities and political organizations as well as residential and commercial real estate.

Dernière édition de: New York Breton (19-10-2013 18:22:53)

#29 20-10-2013 14:50:01

fireincairo
Membre
Inscrit(e): 15-03-2011

Hi New York Breton, thank you for your posts, always interesting having an outer perspective on our football team and pretty cool to hear there is at least one Stade Rennais supporter in New York wink I am currently living abroad, not really in touch with the job market in France, but I am confident you can find a position there, especially if you are bilingual. And yes, galettes-saucisses can become pretty addictive wink

#30 27-10-2013 06:11:09

New York Breton
Membre

Thanks for the encouragement. I will be bringing 20-30 copies of my resume and handing them out all over Rennes.

Today my favorite American football team had a huge game. Such a big game that I forgot Rennes was playing today. They lost in a gut wrenching collapse at the end of the game that was absolutely brutal. A good analogy for Rennes would be if they played in a cup quarterfinal or semifinal, had a 3-0 lead at the half, gave up 3 goals after 75' to go to extra time and penalties, and then hit the post during the decisive goal of the penalty shootout.

After the game I decided that I hate sports. But then I remembered to check the Rennes result and was happy to see the big win. 5 goals fixes the goal differential and puts the team right back into contention for the Europa League spot. Thanks Stade Rennais for being the bright spot in my shitty sports world today!

#31 28-12-2013 21:09:46

New York Breton
Membre

Rublo a écrit:
New York Breton a écrit:

[...] galettes saucissons [...].

It's saucisse, not saucisson! wink

I'm back in New York after a really nice trip to Bretagne. I had 4 galettes saucisses, 2 before the game against ASSE, and 2 before the game against PSG. Delicious.

Rennes is now 1-1-1 in matches I've attended. In all three there has been a 90' goal - Erdinc for Rennes against Lille (Feb. 2012), Erdinc for St Etienne against Rennes, Cavani for PSG against Rennes. Difficult times for our boys in red and black...I had a feeling they would lose against Sochaux too. Montanier needs to prioritize the Coupe de France and the January "mercato" or else it will be a lost season.

Here's a transfer suggestion: Oguchi Onyewu, American defender. He's big (196 cm), experienced international (68 appearances for Team USA, including 2 World Cups), experienced playing in Europe, speaks French, is not getting playing time at Queens Park Rangers, and not expensive. I know Montanier wants to build a team around youth but sometimes you need that experienced player to help develop the kids. And right now we could REALLY use an experienced center back...

Happy New Year my Roazhon friends.

#32 12-01-2014 06:16:16

New York Breton
Membre

Onyewu went to Sheffield Wednesday on a free transfer. 6 month contract until the end of the season. Could have been a nice temporary move for Rennes:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/sh … 29839.html

I've seen some interesting players linked with Rennes in recent days. Hernan Barcos is a name I really like - he's a very solid goal scorer from the videos I've watched. Would be nice to have someone to speak Portugese with Oliveira and Spanish with Romero.

Is there a chance in hell of signing Ntep?

#33 16-01-2014 10:59:35

lassiter
Membre
Inscrit(e): 16-07-2007

The truth ? No chance ...

N'Tep is a very promising young player who is already being followed by major squads. Arsenal is supposed to have made a big offer already. Rennes has currently a pretty negative image in France, mainly due due a catastrophic 2013, with some 35 points in two half seasons.

There is a lot of Rennes bashing going on with the press, so a decision of N'Tep in our favor would be a real (nice) surprise smile

Aidez les arbitres, faites évoluer les règles merd.... !

#34 16-01-2014 17:14:44

New York Breton
Membre

I figured the odds were slim to none, but I did read an article that said he was looking for an "in between" club before moving on to the Premier League. This has been a crazy January mercato, every day it seems like there are two new names linked to Rennes.

I'm seeing Alessandrini's name increasingly come up as a departure rumor - if he leaves before the summer I'm seriously concerned about relegation.

Would like to see Rennes sign a defender. Go get Matt Besler or Aurelien Collin from Kansas City.

#35 16-01-2014 17:30:33

lassiter
Membre

Problem is that those guys are not really on the radar screen of our recruitment team. Soccer is the US is still widely underestimated over here and seen as a financial heaven for aging ex stars... Bocanegra was an exception who was already playing in Europe...
Will see !

#36 16-01-2014 17:57:57

New York Breton
Membre

I understand the perception, but Team USA is on the rise and so is the MLS. And hey, the national team is 6 places ahead of France in the World FIFA rankings...My dream is to see a France-USA World Cup final. Maybe in 2018...

#37 16-01-2014 18:50:46

lassiter
Membre

can only agree smile

#38 23-01-2014 04:15:34

New York Breton
Membre

Lille-Rennes will be on TV here. YES!

smile big_smile lol

#39 23-01-2014 04:38:32

Grig
Membre
Inscrit(e): 23-06-2009

Prepare to be amazed. What kind of network would broadcast a Ligue 1 game ?

Also it's spelled "orthographe", "je fais" instead of "je fait" and you have to use "de" before "mon mieux". "Je fais de mon mieux". It doesn't translate straight from english ("I do my best", I suppose ?). Don't hesitate to ask any question, that's also why we're here!  smile

#40 23-01-2014 10:51:53

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Inscrit(e): 19-10-2011
Site Web

lassiter a écrit:

Problem is that those guys are not really on the radar screen of our recruitment team. Soccer is the US is still widely underestimated over here and seen as a financial heaven for aging ex stars... Bocanegra was an exception who was already playing in Europe...
Will see !

For rangers lol lol .....

The Lille game's on here but through a stupid tv company nobody uses. sad

Dernière édition de: Glasgow_Celtic (23-01-2014 10:55:21)

29918.jpg
For Rennes news in English: @WeAreRennes

#41 23-01-2014 17:38:52

New York Breton
Membre

It's on beIN USA. The only two times I saw Rennes on TV were the big 9 man win at Paris (2-1) and Alessandrini's last minute equalizer against Marseille (2-2). The 3-1 loss to PSG in December might have been televised, but I wouldn't know since I was there!

#42 25-01-2014 19:15:17

Roudoudou
Agecanonix
Inscrit(e): 11-06-2006

Lucky young men ! When I lived in Chicago (81-85) I bought a short wave radio to listen to the French channels. Just imagine the luck you've got now to watch our favourite team comfortably seated in your sofa down in NY or Tokyo !

À chaque époque, il est des gens qui ne pensent pas comme tout le monde, c’est à dire qui ne pensent pas comme ceux qui ne pensent pas.
-Marguerite Yourcenar -

#43 26-01-2014 08:43:41

New York Breton
Membre

Lucky only a few times a year. I would pay to have all the Rennes games broadcast here. Usually I'm straining my eyes to watch a low quality stream. Sometimes I wonder if I'm rooting for a team or a bunch of red and black pixels chasing a white pixel. beIN USA mostly shows Serie A and one or two Ligue 1 games a weekend, and it's almost ALWAYS PSG hmm

A funny story about Rennes on beIN here, the last time I got to see a game on TV (before the 1-1 against LOSC on Friday) was the match against Marseille. It was 2-1 for l'OM heading into the final minutes, and there were "technical difficulties" around the 85th minute. The broadcast cut out and went to commercial. Of course, in the final minutes (or seconds?) Alessandrini put in the equalizer past Mandanda, but I fucking missed it. Can you believe that shit? Only in my world.

I just checked the beIN tv schedule for next Sunday and they're showing "Ligue 1 Soccer" at 10:55 AM, no teams listed but I know that Rennes-Lyon is the only game on at that time, so it looks like I'll get to see two matches in a row. It's also Super Bowl Sunday, the championship game for the NFL (American football). Super Bowl Sunday is like a national holiday here, everyone throws parties and has their friends and family over. But if Rennes is definitely playing on beIN, I'll be late to my Super Bowl party!

#44 26-01-2014 13:43:28

Flyers
Duck You
Inscrit(e): 09-05-2006

BeiN sports casts the Pro Bowl tonight & the SuperBowl next week, I already bought Red Bull cans to be awake all night long. lol

#45 28-01-2014 23:12:57

New York Breton
Membre

lassiter a écrit:

The truth ? No chance ...

N'Tep is a very promising young player who is already being followed by major squads. Arsenal is supposed to have made a big offer already. Rennes has currently a pretty negative image in France, mainly due due a catastrophic 2013, with some 35 points in two half seasons.

There is a lot of Rennes bashing going on with the press, so a decision of N'Tep in our favor would be a real (nice) surprise smile

I'm so happy you were wrong! tongue

#46 29-01-2014 19:26:05

lassiter
Membre

So am I, so am I ... Let me try again : "I am pretty sure that we have no chance to recruit Aubameyang if Alessandrini goes to Dortmund"
It may work again tongue

#47 30-01-2014 00:11:53

New York Breton
Membre

lassiter a écrit:

So am I, so am I ... Let me try again : "I am pretty sure that we have no chance to recruit Aubameyang if Alessandrini goes to Dortmund"
It may work again tongue

Is Obama-yang to Rennes a legit rumor?

I know he's not happy in Rennes, but I hate to see Alessandrini go. Watching the first half last year with him in the team was magical. The win at PSG, the goals against Nancy, Lille, Marseille and others... He was a catalyst for the whole team. And then all of a sudden in January, everything went to shit sad

Here's hoping that Ntep can replicate and surpass #19's achievements.

#48 30-01-2014 02:59:03

Clowny
World's Best Boss
Inscrit(e): 02-03-2011

No, the rumor with Aubameyang doesn't exist. It's only a lassiter's dream. smile

I don't think he'll go before the 31[sup]st[/sup] even if Rennes could want to sell him. He's not as good as he was before his injury and I think he's currently becoming one of the Rennes problems. In fact, since the conflict, he prefers shoot at goal when it would be better to choose an altruistic alternative.

However, he remains better than Pitroipa and he's almost our only left-footed player.

As a consequence, he will surely leave in June which is normal when Philippe Montanier needs to build on new foundations.

#49 30-01-2014 21:57:59

lassiter
Membre

Well, the aubameyang thing was only a big fat joke Clowny, sorry ...
I was trying to say something impossible in case it could work like for Ntep...
Otherwise I agree with the comments about Aless. Unfortunately, he may have hurt himself again this afternoon...

#50 31-01-2014 09:36:56

lassiter
Membre

Roudoudou a écrit:

Lucky young men ! When I lived in Chicago (81-85) I bought a short wave radio to listen to the French channels. Just imagine the luck you've got now to watch our favourite team comfortably seated in your sofa down in NY or Tokyo !

You love to play the part of the bitter and unpleasant old man, don't you ? mrgreen

sorry double post hmm

Edit Modo : Yes, don't forget that you can even quote with a modification of your post.

Dernière édition de: lassiter (31-01-2014 09:37:48)

Utilisateurs enregistrés en ligne dans ce sujet: 0, Invité(s): 1
[Bot] claudebot

Pied de page

[ Généré en 0.027 secondes, 11 requêtes exécutées - Utilisation de la mémoire: 739.02 KiO (Pic : 779.91 KiO) ]