Stade Rennais Online - Le forum

Le forum des supporters du Stade Rennais

Vous n'êtes pas connecté.

#1 29-08-2013 06:22:56

New York Breton
Membre
Inscrit(e): 29-08-2013

Following Rennes from New York

Hello to all my fellow Rennes fans. I've been reading this forum (the French and English sections) for quite a while, and I decided it's time to stop lurking and start contributing.

To introduce myself, I'm a 26 year old American. My dad's side of the family has been in New York for over a century, my mom was born and raised in Brittany. Most of my French relatives live around St. Brieuc and Rennes, although I have some family in Nantes as well. As a kid I spent a lot of time in the Cotes D'Armor.

If there are any Rennes supporters in New York who would like to watch matches or talk about the team, let me know. I have nobody to talk about Ligue 1 with here. I text my cousin in Rennes and sometimes my grandmother sends me French football magazines smile

Dernière édition de: New York Breton (14-03-2015 23:22:34)

#2 29-08-2013 08:48:04

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Inscrit(e): 19-10-2011
Site Web

Re: Following Rennes from New York

Welcome, I am in a similar situation in Glasgow. Rennes aren't on the tv unless it's a very important game like a cup game.

29918.jpg
For Rennes news in English: @WeAreRennes

#3 29-08-2013 09:56:37

gaudi
Esthète à claques
Inscrit(e): 14-06-2007

Welcome here guys ! I guess it's the same in the other championships... Paris, Marseille, Monaco, Lyon, or St Etienne are sportively and historically the leading  teams of the french league, so it's logical that the Tv channels choose their games first.
Anyway, we'll be on top next year ! You can trust me ! wink

ICI C'EST RENNES, PAS ROAZHON !

#4 29-08-2013 10:47:08

Puchkin
Random
Inscrit(e): 06-06-2005

Hey NYB, I am pretty sure I was told there is a little group of Stade Rennais supporters in New York, I will find out and come back to you about it wink

EDIT: Well, it seems I dreamt it, but there is a group of Bretons in New York and a Stade Brestois New York ( mrgreen ) team. If you take a look at this page and contact them, I'm sure you will be able to meet Bretons and Rennes fans in there wink

Dernière édition de: Puchkin (29-08-2013 11:58:52)

#5 29-08-2013 15:02:16

New York Breton
Membre

I was very disappointed that beIN sport did not televise the Coupe de la Ligue final against St Etienne. The stream quality was awful.

I'm looking forward to this match against Lille on Saturday - I think it will be a bellwhether for our season. Lille is not the same team without Payet and Chedjou (not to mention Hazard). If Rennes can beat teams like Lille and St Etienne this year, and at least draw against teams like PSG and Monaco, there is hope for a Europa League spot. I'm excited about Phillipe Montanier (Antonetti was a joke who reminded me of Porky Pig). It looks like Montanier built a very solid squad at Sociedad, and their 4-0 aggregate win against Lyon is encouraging for the future of Rennes.

Can anyone explain why Foulqiuer was loaned? Especially considering how Rennes is now rumored to be looking for a new fullback. It just makes no sense to me. Danze seems like a nice guy, but he's not getting any younger, and he's a very average player in my opinion. Foulquier is a world champ, could be the next Bacary Sagna, and has never been given a real chance at Rennes. Considering there is an option to buy, I highly doubt he will have a career at Rennes. It's sad.

Glasgow, I've been fond of Celtic ever since I read this book. There is a whole chapter dedicated to the Celtic-Rangers rivalry:

How Soccer Explains the World

#6 29-08-2013 15:40:14

Psyco
Membre
Inscrit(e): 23-07-2013

Welcome New-York Breton, it may take a long time for Montanier to create a real football team smile. Montanier is searching for technical players and there is not a lot of in the actual line-up. (Antonetti...)

What about Foulquier?
Since he became world champion Foulquier no longer wanted to play for Rennes. He says that he has not played enough last season. We think that the World Championship made him take a big head.

As you say Danzé is a nice guy, he love SRFC and he has made all his career at Rennes but we see that it has some limitations in terms of speed or quality of centers (?). I tought he'll be replaced by Foulquier this year but as he was transfered I think again this year Danze play on the right side for this season.

In my opinion the summer transfer period are quite ended, we'll see at the winter's one if Rennes needs reinforcement.

Néant

#7 29-08-2013 17:21:09

lassiter
Membre
Inscrit(e): 16-07-2007

Well NYB, I am french, born in Brittany, fan of Rennes of course and I lived for quite a while in NYC, as I was studying there...
Quite a long time ago though...

What you are saying about having a hard time keeping up with the latest news really rings a bell. I remember having to go a place around the Lincoln Center where I could buy a paper issue of L'Equipe... from the day before. That was way before the internet of course...

Anyway, good to hear that we have fans in NYC, I believe that the seasons to come will be exciting in terms of playing style, even if it will take a while before we get real good results.

I totally agree with the "porky pig" statement, it also came to my mind !!!

Aidez les arbitres, faites évoluer les règles merd.... !

#8 29-08-2013 19:06:17

Roudoudou
Agecanonix
Inscrit(e): 11-06-2006

lassiter a écrit:

I lived for quite a while in NYC, as I was studying there...
Quite a long time ago though...

Columbia, NYU ?

À chaque époque, il est des gens qui ne pensent pas comme tout le monde, c’est à dire qui ne pensent pas comme ceux qui ne pensent pas.
-Marguerite Yourcenar -

#9 30-08-2013 08:50:08

lassiter
Membre

Columbia, mid eighties, most of the forum members were not even born cool

#10 30-08-2013 17:00:15

Roudoudou
Agecanonix

I am not sending you a personal message since I graduated from NYU Law School (Fulbright grantee, man !) in the Spring
of 74 - while you were still in kindergarten - .
Best

À chaque époque, il est des gens qui ne pensent pas comme tout le monde, c’est à dire qui ne pensent pas comme ceux qui ne pensent pas.
-Marguerite Yourcenar -

#11 30-08-2013 22:18:46

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Inscrit(e): 19-10-2011
Site Web

New York Breton a écrit:

Glasgow, I've been fond of Celtic ever since I read this book. There is a whole chapter dedicated to the Celtic-Rangers rivalry:

http://serieaworld.com/wp-content/uploa … soccer.jpg

Yeah rangers are no good. Not even a relevance. They are dead now anyway and have a tribute act in the lower leagues of Scotland.

See you got that pic from serie a world.com , I do a little bit of writing for them.

Dernière édition de: Glasgow_Celtic (30-08-2013 22:19:11)

29918.jpg
For Rennes news in English: @WeAreRennes

#12 30-08-2013 23:25:21

lassiter
Membre

@Roudoudou
Well, I should have known that Roudoudou would not mean much to the new generations... Washington Square is a fantastic place & NYU a good uni...
For the record, in 74, I was ending Math Sup and starting Math Spe at the Lycee Chateaubriand of Rennes, where a lot of students may have had a kindergarten level of maturity...
When was your first "route de Lorient" ?

Dernière édition de: lassiter (30-08-2013 23:25:50)

#13 31-08-2013 04:26:06

New York Breton
Membre

NYU Law is among the best in the country. I'm impressed.

I found a picture of Antonetti on the touch line:

Porky

#14 31-08-2013 14:51:45

Roudoudou
Agecanonix

lassiter a écrit:

@Roudoudou
Well, I should have known that Roudoudou would not mean much to the new generations... Washington Square is a fantastic place & NYU a good uni...
For the record, in 74, I was ending Math Sup and starting Math Spe at the Lycee Chateaubriand of Rennes, where a lot of students may have had a kindergarten level of maturity...
When was your first "route de Lorient" ?

Octobre 1961 - Tribune Rennes -

RENNES 1    SEDAN 0
Division 1
19053 spectateurs
KHENNANE Mahi 'Mahi' (40')    1 - 0

RENNES
ROUILLÉ Jacques (Gardien)
GOUÈS Henri
BOURRAS Brahim
BOUTET Yves
LAVAUD Jean Claude
ZIEMCZAK Stéphane
ASCENSIO André
GROSSHANS Emile
GOUJON Yvon
KHENNANE Mahi 'Mahi'
DOMBECK Stanislas
CUISSARD Antoine (Entraineur)

SEDAN
ROSZAK Alexandre (Gardien)
LEMASSON Louis
BRÉNY Claude
SYNAKOWSKI Maryan 'Maryan'
FULGENZY Maxime
MICHELIN Pierre
CHIARELLI Bernard
SALABER Emilio
FAUSTINO Silva Pinto
LEMERRE Roger
ROUBAUD Bernard
DUGAUGUEZ Louis (Entraineur)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

New York Breton : thanks !

-Marguerite Yourcenar -

#15 31-08-2013 16:25:13

lassiter
Membre

my hat off !!
my first memory is a game against a team with a white jersey (?!) in 1965, the year of the first "coupe", with my dad introducing me to Yvon Boutet behind the "tribune vilaine" near the entrance of the locker room, before the game ....
cheers !

#16 31-08-2013 16:41:33

selkin
Membre
Inscrit(e): 03-01-2011

hi,

Most of the matches of Rennes in cup are on public television. I don't know if you can watch it outside of france as we can't watch united states replays. But on this link if you go on the 2 or 3 or 4 you can find most of the cup's matches

For the rest of the matches of Rennes i propose you to watch here. It's not good quality but you can watch easily all renne's matches

#17 31-08-2013 18:46:12

New York Breton
Membre

selkin a écrit:

hi,

Most of the matches of Rennes in cup are on public television. I don't know if you can watch it outside of france as we can't watch united states replays. But on this link if you go on the 2 or 3 or 4 you can find most of the cup's matches

For the rest of the matches of Rennes i propose you to watch here. It's not good quality but you can watch easily all renne's matches

Thanks for the links. I usually use FirstRowSports. The quality is very mediocore and sometimes you get stuck watching matches in Arabic. I used to have a link to stream Orange Sports Info but unfortunately it stopped working.

You can always get around regional content restrictions by using a proxy.

#18 02-09-2013 01:26:53

selkin
Membre
Inscrit(e): 03-01-2011

on the second link, you find many links a most are in french and english for big matches like against psg/monaco/marseille

#19 04-09-2013 19:52:26

New York Breton
Membre

Some thoughts on Saturday's game against Lille...

Armand makes a huge difference in defense. He has a steady presence that seems to make the younger players around him better.

Makoun looked like a completely different player. Very solid in midfield and sharp with his passes. Hope to see that continue.

Erdinc's last game in Red and Black, and as usual he never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. He could have easily had 20+ goals last year, but he has the first touch of an epileptic toddler. Not sorry to see him go, just disappointed that Rennes lost money on him.

Very encouraged by Wesley Said's play as I think he can be a contributor this year.

Costil almost gave me a heart attack coming too far out of goal on the free kick towards the end of the game. Otherwise he was solid.

Anxiously awaiting the game against Lyon - with OL's poor form, the new transfers and hopefully Alessandrini back in the lineup, there's no reason Rennes can't take the 3 points.

It's been a very good start to the season with the exception of the game against Nice, which should have been a 1-1 draw (fucking Jebbour). Let's hope it continues.

ALLEZ RENNES!

#20 05-09-2013 13:01:22

Roddick
Membre
Inscrit(e): 22-12-2010

Hello NYB, you are a bit harsh with Mevlut, he misses some touches but i still think he helps the team a lot with his work at the frontline. I hope Nelson Oliveira will prove to be a better center forward. I am happy you liked the game against Lille and don't worry with Mr Montanier in charge there are a lot of other good games ahead !

I said I've got a penchant for smokes and kicking douches in the mouth.
Sadly for you my last cigarette's gone out. IDLES

#21 06-09-2013 20:00:25

Véloce
Membre
Inscrit(e): 23-05-2006

NYB  "Fucking Jebbour."  Magnifique smile

Do you who Laurent Pokou, the  black génius ?
The most be good playeur Red and Black.

"De l'audace, encore de l'audace,toujours de l'audace"
Laurent Pokou

#22 16-10-2013 07:35:45

New York Breton
Membre

Hi guys, it's been a while. I haven't posted since I've been distracted by my job and the American football season. The tough results for our boys in red and black haven't motivated me to post much either. I got up at 8 am on a Sunday to watch the Nantes match and as you can imagine, I wish I had slept in... Guingamp was also a brutal one to watch.

Anyway, I have some good news. I'll be visiting France in December and I plan on making it to several matches. I've already talked to my cousin and I'm going to rent a car so we can drive to the match at Lorient. I've wanted to check out that stadium since I watched the 2-0 victory in March 2012, when Pitroipa was in great form. I'll also be in Rennes for the matches against PSG and St Etienne. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to it smile

I was wondering if it's possible to buy tickets in advance. I checked the websites for Stade Rennais and FC Lorient and they only offer tickets to the next match. Seems unusual to me since here you can buy tickets for any game on the schedule, even months in advance. Anyone know if I can reserve seats ahead of time? Also, when I go to "Moustoir" I want to sit with my fellow Rennes fans. Any advice is appreciated.

By the way, if we don't destroy Valenciennes at home I'll be sorely disappointed. They're hopeless!

#23 16-10-2013 11:17:01

Grig
Membre
Inscrit(e): 23-06-2009

Since those games aren't scheduled yet, you can't buy any ticket. You'll be able to buy some two to three weeks in advance, since clubs wait for the league to set the broadcasting schedule, and that never happens before 3 weeks before the game.
Be also aware that the tickets for the game against PSG will be first reserved for the season-ticket holders who will have one extra ticket for buying (in order to prevent too many PSG fans to come to the game obviously).

About the game in "Le Moustoir", I suggest you'd go to the "parcage visiteur" (a 'penning' which is exclusively for away fans). If you do so, tickets will be for sale at Rennes fan clubs (Allez Rennes to say the least) two weeks in advance, or you can also buy tickets on game night. Those tickets are quite cheap.

Have a good one!

Edit : please excuse any spelling and grammatical mistakes, I'm far from being bilingual.

Dernière édition de: Grig (16-10-2013 11:20:19)

#24 16-10-2013 11:23:48

paul_35
Membre
Inscrit(e): 21-03-2012

Grig a écrit:

Be also aware that the tickets for the game against PSG will be first reserved for the season-ticket holders who will have one extra ticket for buying (in order to prevent too many PSG fans to come to the game obviously).

But don't worry about it, that's completely ineffective, there will be lots of tickets remaining at the opening of the sale. For the SRFC fans... and for the Parisians. However at the opening you'll have to buy your tickets quickly. After a few hours the sale will be closed. wink

Dernière édition de: paul_35 (16-10-2013 11:37:18)

Thomasson : "Il va y avoir un duel sur le terrain et un autre en tribune. A nous de gagner celui sur le terrain, car je pense que les supporters gagneront celui en tribune"
Rennes 4-1 Nantes, 54e minute : "Les chauffeurs de bus nantais sont attendus de toute urgence à leur véhicule"
Ce n'est pas la taille du kop qui fait l'ambiance d'un stade

#25 19-10-2013 17:02:03

New York Breton
Membre

Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to quality time with my family, gallettes saucissons, and some time off from work. A big win over PSG wouldn't hurt either. I'll keep checking the websites as we get closer to December.

On a side note, I know the job market in France is tight right now, but I'm going to bring a stack of CV's and try to get a job interview while I'm there. If anyone knows a company in Rennes that is looking for a hardworking bilingual American guy with a strong background in sales, let me know! I would love to move to France and spend a few years working there and perfecting my French. I really only want to do it if I can live in Bretagne. Having spent most of my life in NYC, I'm ready for a change of pace, so I'd like to avoid Paris as an option. I would consider moving to Rennes or Nantes. I have family in St. Brieuc as well but that's a little too sleepy for me.

Utilisateurs enregistrés en ligne dans ce sujet: 0, Invité(s): 1
[Bot] claudebot

Pied de page

[ Généré en 0.027 secondes, 9 requêtes exécutées - Utilisation de la mémoire: 707.66 KiO (Pic : 748.56 KiO) ]