Stade Rennais Online - Le forum

Le forum des supporters du Stade Rennais

Vous n'êtes pas connecté.

#1 25-10-2015 17:57:54

MichaelBBack
Membre
Inscrit(e): 30-08-2015

Stade Rennais 15/16 Season Discussion

So, I'm not sure how active this thread will be exactly, but I thought it might be helpful to have one place on The Red and Black Corner for English-speakers (or people who want to speak English) to chat about the team as a whole and the season so far. Whether you're a native speaker or someone who just wants to practice the language, this is the place to be.

Let's look at how the season has gone so far:

Ligue 1

Bastia/SRFC 2-1
SRFC/Montpellier 1-0
Lyon/SRFC 1-2
SRFC/Toulouse 3-1
Nantes/SRFC 0-2

SRFC/Lille 1-1
Gazelec Ajaccio/SRFC 1-1
SRFC/Troyes 1-1
Monaco/SRFC 1-1

SRFC/Nice 1-4
Lorient/SRFC 1-1
SRFC/PSG 0-1
Angers/SRFC 0-2
SRFC/Bordeaux 2-2
Reims/SRFC 2-2
SRFC/Marseille 0-1
Saint-Etienne/SRFC 1-1
SRFC/Caen 1-1

Guingamp/SRFC 0-2
SRFC/Lorient 2-2
Troyes/SRFC 2-4
SRFC/Gazelec Ajaccio 1-0

Bordeaux/SRFC 4-0
SRFC/St Etienne 0-1

Lille/SRFC 1-1
SRFC/Angers 1-0
Caen/SRFC 1-0
Toulouse/SRFC 1-2
SRFC/Nantes 4-1

SRFC/Lyon 2-2
Marseille/SRFC 2-5
SRFC/Reims 3-0

Nice/SRFC 3-0
SRFC/Guingamp 0-3

SRFC/Monaco 1-1
PSG/SRFC 4-0
Montpellier 2-0 SRFC

SRFC - Bastia: To be played.

Coupe de la Ligue

Bastia/SRFC - 0-1
SRFC/Toulouse 1-3

Coupe de France
Bastia/SRFC - 2-2 (pen. 6-7)
SRFC/Bourg-en-Bresse 1-3

Note: This post was last updated on 13/05 with the latest results and thoughts.

My Latest Thoughts:

That's that then. A terribly frustrating and disappointing end to the season, but frankly did we expect anything less? I've only been following the team for a few years and I've already witnessed a few of these absolutely abysmal end-of-season runs. This one takes the cake though. It really was the perfect chance to get into the Europa League. When you look at the table, we only need a win from one of those five games (Nice, Guingamp, Monaco, PSG, Montpellier) and then a win against Bastia to secure 6th place. We couldn't do it. We don't deserve Europe this season, sadly. That's football.

In other news, Dembélé is off. Personally, I'm not happy about it for several reasons. I can understand the lad wanting to move on and play in the big leagues but I really thought not only would he be better off staying with Rennes for one more season, but that he also owed it to the club. Naturally, the club has to take their part of responsibility as well. For all the money there is in football these days, the lad had signed a contract and we could've made him honour it if we'd really wanted to. But no. The decision was made to let him go and cash in. I only hope the money will be well-spent, but when you look at all the players we've got coming back from loan, plus all the kids signing their own contracts and all the so-called first-teamers that we should be getting rid of, it's going to be a right old summer.

If I could highlight one real turning point of our season, it wouldn't even be anything to do with Dembélé or Courbis or Montanier. It would be the January transfer window. At that time, everyone knew that we needed a striker. Sio wasn't scoring (and has continued in that vein, save for his solitary and illegal effort against Monaco) and we clearly needed another number 9 to at least be on the bench and give us another option. Suddenly, a signing was announced. 25-year old unknown, Kermit Erasmus. Okay. Fine. We wanted another striker. Looks like we got one. Oh no wait... he's never going to play. He's for next season. He's not as good as we thought. Excuse after excuse in one of the most befuddling transfer moves I think I've ever seen.

I'm not at all saying that Erasmus could've been the answer to our prayers and saved our season, but we clearly needed a striker at that time and I just don't know why we bought him and never played him instead of buying someone else. I honestly believe that if we'd had another bloke up top, we'd be in Europe easily. We'd have still had some rough results, but with a bit of a clinical finisher at the top end of the pitch, we'd have at least been able to win one of the Guingamp/Montpellier/Monaco games, in my opinion. It's a shame, and now we find ourselves with Sio, Erasmus, Toivonen, Hosiner, Said and Sané... and frankly I don't want a single one of them leading the line. God only knows what we're going to do over the summer to sort this mess out, but good luck to the new coach. Regarding C. Gourcuff, I'm glad to see him arrive and I'm ready to give him time to work his magic. I have no ill feelings towards Courbis and actually quite like the guy, but he, like the players, has let himself down over the last month or so.

A weird season. A disappointing season. An SRFC season.

Dernière édition de: MichaelBBack (14-05-2016 00:06:37)

#2 26-10-2015 02:38:40

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Inscrit(e): 19-10-2011
Site Web

Re: Stade Rennais 15/16 Season Discussion

Good to see a topic like this on here. I was always meaning to start one but I didn't think there was a great want for it.

Anyway, as you said we are getting streaky with our results in recent times. It sure beats what we were used to...inconsistent results.

My main bug bare with Montanier is his decision to play players out of position. Take the Lorient gamer for example, why was he playing full-backs at LM/RM? Why was he playing an attacking midfielder (Quintero) at centre-mid? Then using Ntep as a striker in the 3-5-2 system. After Ntep got injured, it was Henrique who took Ntep's striker spot.I don't get it to be honest. Montanier needs to play players in their natural positions, or we're going to get nowhere. If I had my way with Rennes, my ideal team would be.

4-2-3-1

Costil (although I do like Diallo)

Danze Mendes Mexer Baal

Fernandes Andre

Ntep Quintero Henrique

Sio

We need to buy a striker in January, have to. Forget all these attacking midfielders and offload a few and get a target man in. Costil's injury shows that if he were to go Diallo is a good replacement. He is a real shot stopper, he seems to catch everything. Plus, we now have too many full-backs: Zeffane, Baal, Moreira, Danze, M'Bengue. It's laughable, and I'm thinking the only reason we play with them all in that awful system we played vs Lorient is just so we use them all and get our monies worth. I also think Montanier thinks he's being smart putting the more offensive full-backs at LM/RM, as they can be versatile. However, they all show they're defensive first.

Dernière édition de: Glasgow_Celtic (26-10-2015 02:39:22)

29918.jpg
For Rennes news in English: @WeAreRennes

#3 26-10-2015 18:26:49

MichaelBBack
Membre

Glasgow_Celtic a écrit:

Good to see a topic like this on here. I was always meaning to start one but I didn't think there was a great want for it.

Anyway, as you said we are getting streaky with our results in recent times. It sure beats what we were used to...inconsistent results.

My main bug bare with Montanier is his decision to play players out of position. Take the Lorient gamer for example, why was he playing full-backs at LM/RM? Why was he playing an attacking midfielder (Quintero) at centre-mid? Then using Ntep as a striker in the 3-5-2 system. After Ntep got injured, it was Henrique who took Ntep's striker spot.I don't get it to be honest. Montanier needs to play players in their natural positions, or we're going to get nowhere. If I had my way with Rennes, my ideal team would be.

4-2-3-1

Costil (although I do like Diallo)

Danze Mendes Mexer Baal

Fernandes Andre

Ntep Quintero Henrique

Sio

We need to buy a striker in January, have to. Forget all these attacking midfielders and offload a few and get a target man in. Costil's injury shows that if he were to go Diallo is a good replacement. He is a real shot stopper, he seems to catch everything. Plus, we now have too many full-backs: Zeffane, Baal, Moreira, Danze, M'Bengue. It's laughable, and I'm thinking the only reason we play with them all in that awful system we played vs Lorient is just so we use them all and get our monies worth. I also think Montanier thinks he's being smart putting the more offensive full-backs at LM/RM, as they can be versatile. However, they all show they're defensive first.

Yeah I'm not sure how active the thread will be, but I know plenty of people on the forum speak English perfectly well so it's a good chance for us to all discuss together, hopefully.

Have to say, I agree with you 100%. I don't want to just repeat what you said, but you really took the words out of my mouth.

The Lorient game was frustrating for a variety of reasons, but the primary problem was having two wing-backs/full-backs acting as wingers. I think Baal and Zeffane can both offer decent options going forward, but when we have decent wingers sat on the bench, why not play them? As you say with Quintero as well, I think he adapted impressively to the game and players around him, but a player like him needs to be played in his best position if we want to get the most from him.

I think, with the squad we've got, the 4-2-3-1 formation is ideal. With Ntep and Henrique/Kamil on the wings, Quintero in the middle (Boga can fill in there as well) and Sio up top, that's a formidable attack. Then we can rotate with the likes of André, Gelson, Sylla and Doucouré in the middle and use four at the back, allowing captain Danzé back into the team. Diallo has really impressed me to be honest, but Costil is the more experienced player and should slot back into the side nicely.

And the point about the striker is spot on. When Sio picked up that red card the other day, all I could think of was "Who on Earth are we going to put up top now?" Obviously we've got Habibou on the books, but I don't think he's up for it to be honest. Dembélé is very young. We need a reliable second choice striker. If ever Sio goes through a rough patch or gets suspended again, who are we going to turn to? Imagine if he got a long-term injury! That needs to be the number one priority in January, I think. Even if we just get someone in on loan, we have to have another option, rather than hoping the likes of Ntep and Henrique can play outside of their preferred positions and disrupting the formation even more.

It's true what you say about the full-back situation too, don't forget Cavaré is still injured and will be coming back as well! We've got way too many players for just two positions on the pitch. I can't understand the logic behind all that.

Aside from all that, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's cup match against Bastia. It could be an interesting one, if only to see what weird surprises PM has to offer this time. I hope to see a couple of risks being taken.

#4 26-10-2015 22:55:42

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

I think we're set up for another thrilling game against our new rivals, Bastia, tomorrow. It's been a feisty fixture between the two since they got promoted.

You're right about having too many players for the one position. Forget the countless attacking midfielders/wingers, the amount of centre-mids/defensive mids is also shocking. We have a large squad with everyone about the same ability. So it should be pretty simple to cut that. Although everyone was happy about getting Gourcuff back, the only thing that went through my mind was, 'We have too many CAMs as it is'.

Funnily enough, when the match was 1-0 Lorient and Sio just wasn't doing the business I thought we should bring another striker on, then I remembered the only one we had on the bench was Habibou- and he's rank rotten! Trim the midfield and the full-backs and replace with a good strike partner for Sio. A little and large combination would be ideal. Then with that, I'd suggest either keeping the 4-2-3-1 I suggested before, or go 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield. My ideal signing would be Morten Rasmussen at Midtjylland. We had him at Celtic six years ago. Although he never shone, he was a target man and knew his way round a crowded penalty box. He doesn't drift wide like Sio does, and stays pretty much central to notch in a cross.

---------Costil

Danze Mendes Mexer Baal

-------Fernandes

Ntep---------------Henrique

-------Quintero

----Sio------Rasmussen

Dernière édition de: Glasgow_Celtic (26-10-2015 22:56:42)

29918.jpg

#5 27-10-2015 21:48:31

MichaelBBack
Membre

I agree with your points about the striker and other positions. There's just a few too many players at the club and it's quite hard to differentiate between some of them. A guy like Gourcuff is a bit of a prestige signing. Obviously he's a big name and has had a good career, plus he has history with the club, but at this point I can't help thinking that those wages might have been better spent on a backup striker. I have heard of Rasmussen but not seen him play more than once or twice, he seems to have the basic build and skillet that I think we need now.

If I had to think of a striker to bring in, I'd want a guy like Andi Weimann who used to play at Villa. 6 foot 2, strong, got a good shot on him. He's never really shone in England but he showed signs of greatness and scored against some big teams. I think in a league like L1 he might find his feet. Either way, we need that sort of player. Our current system involves a lot of crosses and long balls, so we need a big guy up top who can muscle his way onto the ball and head a few in. I think you've got the right idea about a 4-4-2 diamond as well, that could be very interesting. The problem is that we have so many midfielders. Quintero would obviously be the first choice in the attacking slot, but PM would only be able to choose one of Gelson, Sylla, Douc or André for that deep role, which would cause a lot of problems. We need to sell a couple of guys in January I think.

Anyway, the team is out for tonight. Again, PM has stuck Zeffane up top as a left winger, which is.. weird. But, he has at least gone for a 4-2-3-1 formation. Boga as the lone striker will be interesting, I'm not quite sure whether or not he has what it takes to fulfil that role, but we don't really have any other options. Looking forward to seeing how the match goes. Good luck lads!

#6 19-01-2016 04:22:13

New York Breton
Membre
Inscrit(e): 29-08-2013

Glasgow_Celtic a écrit:

This is all still dead on, three months later and more than halfway through the January window. Too many defenders. We should sell half of them between now and the beginning of next season.

Give Coulibaly a shot, see what the kid can do.

Bring back Zajkov, he's only had 3 first team appearances at Charleroi. If he's gonna play with a youth academy team, it might as well be in CFA 2.

KEEP Grosicki!

The big question: will this team qualify for Europe? And if it happens, what are the chances of Costil and Ntep returning next season?

#7 22-01-2016 10:13:51

MichaelBBack
Membre

New York Breton a écrit:

This is all still dead on, three months later and more than halfway through the January window. Too many defenders. We should sell half of them between now and the beginning of next season.

Give Coulibaly a shot, see what the kid can do.

Bring back Zajkov, he's only had 3 first team appearances at Charleroi. If he's gonna play with a youth academy team, it might as well be in CFA 2.

KEEP Grosicki!

The big question: will this team qualify for Europe? And if it happens, what are the chances of Costil and Ntep returning next season?

Absolutely. We do not need so many full-backs. Sell a couple, get the club a bit of cash and buy some reinforcements in other areas, primarily up front. We simply cannot continue relying on a single striker. I've never seen anything like it, especially from a team that is hoping to finish in the top 6! We need to bring someone else in, even if it's just a loan, or at least give one of the kids a chance as a sub. If Sio picks up a long-term injury, I don't know what we'll do.

I think, with the way some of the "big" teams are playing, there's every chance of us qualifying for Europe. Obviously we'll need a bit of luck and we have to start winning at home, but maybe Courbis can get us doing that. What we also need is for PSG to basically win both cups, opening up the 5th and 6th league positions for European qualification. If we can manage that, I would hope that the players you mentioned would stick around. Hopefully we'd also be able to attract a few new guys as well.

#8 24-01-2016 00:54:53

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

Courbis came in and said that our main problem is our defence, and arguably he is correct in saying that. I think Armand, although is good on the face of it, is getting too old now for this level. He is an excellent leader and guidance on the park, but he is slower now in reacting and speed as well. With teams playing on the break against us him being in centre-back lets us down, in my opinion.

However, I think we should get a replacement for Sio also. I have followed his career since FC Sion and I was over the moon when he signed for us, but I just don't think he's up to it. He always seems to start at club excellently then drift away, before being sold on to the next journeyman team. He, Dembele, Boga and Sio are all too similar in my opinion, and if I was to get rid of one, it'd be Sio as I believe he's the weakest out of the bunch. Boga is on-loan but I believe that we may be able to keep him a bit longer if we get European football next season - and it's looking likely!

I think Sio is too wasteful for this level, and what we wish to achieve, plus his offside record must be abysmal.

29918.jpg

#9 24-01-2016 14:47:31

MichaelBBack
Membre

I think, with everyone fit and a first-choice back 4 of Baal, Mendes, Mexer and Danzé, we're not at all bad defensively. But I think we have too many average players in that area. We'd be much better off having fewer players, but of better quality. Get rid of Moreira and Zeffane, for example, to replace them with a right-back who can really challenge for a first-team role. Ideally, every team wants 2 quality players per position, and I think we should aim to emulate that model rather than the current plan of "Let's just buy 4 guys for 1 position and hope it works out". I can understand the arguments against Armand but I think he's doing alright for now. The pace may have gone but all of the know-how is still there. He's looked solid recently, but he's certainly approaching the end of his career. Could we get one more season out of him? I'm not sure. I suppose it all depends on how we finish up. If (*fingers crossed*) we manage to qualify for Europe, it might be good to have him around as an option.

I thought it was interesting that Courbis decided to try Sio out on the wing the other day. I was keeping an eye on him throughout the match and he did do some interesting things, but he was also very wasteful (as usual). He just doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as the rest of the lads. I think Dembélé and Boga can be accused of selfishness, but Sio is a major culprit too. So we sometimes have a front 3 who are all out for themselves. Sometimes that works and we get a bit of Ousmane magic, but a lot of the time we're all left shaking our heads. Additionally, I was there for the Bourg-en-Bresse cup match where he started having a go at the fans and that really pissed me off. Not a good attitude at all. Maybe if he'd scored a dozen goals and was in good form, he'd have a right to complain, but he's not playing well at all and deserves the criticism. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt one last time, with the hope that Courbis can motivate him and use him more effectively, but we'll see. I still completely agree that we need a second striker. If we want to finish in the top spots, we can't rely on a guy who just isn't scoring or helping the team. Sure, the likes of Kamil and Ntep will score a few goals before the season ends, but a striker needs to take a good portion of the responsibility.

The problem is, I suppose, it can be pretty tricky to find a good striker in January, and the window will be closing soon. Plus the club apparently had to pay 2 million euros for Montanier's contract, so I don't know if the funds are really available to make a move. In that case, I wouldn't be against a short-term loan for someone or even, if possible, calling back Toivonen or Hosiner. We just need another option. Sio could easily pick up an injury or suspension in the next couple of months.

#10 25-01-2016 01:22:51

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

RE: Dembele and Boga selfishness

I think that's just young naivety, I like that they both trust themselves to have a go.

I don't think Sylvain will be able to cope with Europe next season, due to the things I've discussed on here before. It's a completely different ball game in the European stages. The games are just different from domestic leagues. They'll be playing teams with unfamiliar players with different styles of football from around Europe.

Do you take the England flag with the Rennes badge on the top left corner to matches, in the same stand as the RCK?

29918.jpg

#11 25-01-2016 03:31:39

BevetRoazhon
Membre
Inscrit(e): 15-12-2007

Un anglais et un écossais qui arrivent a se comprendre, ca c'est la magie de SRO mrgreen

#12 25-01-2016 17:29:06

MichaelBBack
Membre

BevetRoazhon a écrit:

Un anglais et un écossais qui arrivent a se comprendre, ca c'est la magie de SRO mrgreen

Haha, impossible things can happen on this site!

@Glasgow: I agree about Dembélé and Boga to be fair. They're young lads who are trying to make a name for themselves, so it's normal that they have a go every now and then. Plus, it often works out quite well! The pair have scored some cracking goals so far this season.

You're probably right about Armand as well, but maybe he could fill in in the league games then and let Mendes/Mexer/etc stay fresh for Europe. Still, if we do qualify, we'd probably have the pulling power to let Armand move on and bring in another good CB or two, ideally with a bit of European experience.

Unfortunately I do not take a flag, no. I hadn't even noticed there was someone who did that, I'll have to track them down! I am usually in the same stand as the RCK and have talked about taking a UK flag sometime, but not got around to it yet. Just the other day though as I was leaving the stadium I heard a lad with a Scottish accent saying what a good game it was. Wondered for a second if it could've been you but then I realised that was quite unlikely.

#13 25-01-2016 20:09:48

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

MichaelBBack a écrit:
BevetRoazhon a écrit:

Haha, impossible things can happen on this site!

@Glasgow: I agree about Dembélé and Boga to be fair. They're young lads who are trying to make a name for themselves, so it's normal that they have a go every now and then. Plus, it often works out quite well! The pair have scored some cracking goals so far this season.

You're probably right about Armand as well, but maybe he could fill in in the league games then and let Mendes/Mexer/etc stay fresh for Europe. Still, if we do qualify, we'd probably have the pulling power to let Armand move on and bring in another good CB or two, ideally with a bit of European experience.

Unfortunately I do not take a flag, no. I hadn't even noticed there was someone who did that, I'll have to track them down! I am usually in the same stand as the RCK and have talked about taking a UK flag sometime, but not got around to it yet. Just the other day though as I was leaving the stadium I heard a lad with a Scottish accent saying what a good game it was. Wondered for a second if it could've been you but then I realised that was quite unlikely.

Not me, sadly. sad

It will be one day though! big_smile

29918.jpg

#14 25-01-2016 20:10:50

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

BevetRoazhon a écrit:

Bien sur big_smile La magie de l'Union de nos pays aussi. tongue

Dernière édition de: Glasgow_Celtic (25-01-2016 20:11:16)

29918.jpg

#15 26-01-2016 13:21:18

MichaelBBack
Membre

Glasgow_Celtic a écrit:

Not me, sadly. sad

Cool! It's a long shot, but maybe Rennes and Celtic could meet up again in Europe next season and give you the perfect excuse to come over.

#16 26-01-2016 22:26:10

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

MichaelBBack a écrit:
Glasgow_Celtic a écrit:

Not me, sadly. sad

Cool! It's a long shot, but maybe Rennes and Celtic could meet up again in Europe next season and give you the perfect excuse to come over.

Yeah that would be fantastic, but it'd also be more work! mad

Plus, it'd need to be Champions League (for Celtic's sake anyway).

Dernière édition de: Glasgow_Celtic (26-01-2016 22:26:53)

29918.jpg

#17 27-01-2016 03:48:03

New York Breton
Membre

Chelsea just signed Alexandre Pato. Loic Remy has said he wants to leave. What would it take? Pinault has the money, and claims to have ambition. Signing Remy - even on loan for the rest of the year - would guarantee Champions League. We NEED a proven striker

#18 27-01-2016 10:03:45

KantBZH
Membre
Inscrit(e): 21-10-2014

+ Abramovitch and Pinault are close friends (due to Art).

• Champion MPG et pas que dans son cœur • Grand vainqueur de débats du soir • Pianiste sur un clavier AZERTY • Accident waiting to happen • Ado attardé • Twitter

#19 27-01-2016 10:42:15

MichaelBBack
Membre

It really would be incredible to have Rémy up front. He'd have a great time working with our wingers. The British media are saying he's likely to move to Newcastle, but if we decided to make a move then surely he'd prefer to come home to France and play with a team who are challenging for the top 3 than stick around with another bunch of relegation candidates in England.

#20 28-01-2016 17:38:34

New York Breton
Membre

Instead of Remy we get...Kermit Erasumus?! roll

kermit

#21 28-01-2016 18:09:14

MichaelBBack
Membre

Hahaha yeah I just read the news. Definitely an... interesting one. The guy's name alone is worth a smile, so maybe he'll be able to make us happy on the pitch as well. It's not quite Rémy. Hell, it's not quite anything like what we were hoping but hey! I don't know anything about the player and I hope/assume that the necessary scouting and research has been done on the club's behalf. We wanted a bit of competition/reinforcement for that striker role and we seem to have it. I'm happy enough. He was named in the latest African team of the year alongside the likes of Yaya Touré and Aubameyang, and he seems to have an eye for goal as well, so he can't be all that bad.

#22 30-01-2016 17:40:51

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

The Orlando Pirates fans rate him very highly. Good to see our prayers have been answered and we've managed to get a striker in.

29918.jpg

#23 31-01-2016 00:01:12

MichaelBBack
Membre

Glasgow_Celtic a écrit:

The Orlando Pirates fans rate him very highly. Good to see our prayers have been answered and we've managed to get a striker in.

Oh do they? I've been searching for info about him but haven't come up with too much. Watched some videos on YouTube though. I know that those montage videos aren't the best way to judge a player, but he scores some very nice goals. What I like from what I've seen is that he doesn't seem to ask himself too many questions or try to do too much. He gets in the box, receives the ball, takes one or two touches maximum and then goes for the bottom corner. He's got confidence and he can pick a nice shot, even with a couple of defenders blocking his path.

He's not in the squad for tomorrow, which isn't much of a surprise. Perhaps he could make his debut at home against Saint-Etienne though. Either way, as you say, I'm really glad we've got another striker in. Hopefully he'll do well, but even if he doesn't bag half a dozen goals in his first ten starts it's just good to have someone else for that position. It'll allow Sio to rest a bit and also give him a bit of competition, which could be good motivation. Plus, he's barely cost the club anything and could turn out to be a real hidden gem. Fingers crossed.

Kermit, welcome and good luck.

#24 31-01-2016 01:18:55

New York Breton
Membre

It seems like our Stade Rennais is at a major crossroads here. Perennial contenders like Marseille, Lyon, Bordeaux and Lille are all underachieving and the Champions League spots are as wide open as they'll ever be. The way the next month shakes out will have a huge impact on the season, and by extension next season (European competition or not)

at Bordeaux (12th)
vs Saint-Étienne (6th)
at Lille (15th)
vs Angers (3rd)
at Caen (7th)

These games are absolutely critical. I see a win tomorrow against a Bordeaux side decimated by injuries.

An even more challenging stretch begins in mid-March: Lyon, Marseille, Reims, Nice, Guingamp, Monaco, PSG.

#25 31-01-2016 03:16:33

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

New York Breton a écrit:

It seems like our Stade Rennais is at a major crossroads here. Perennial contenders like Marseille, Lyon, Bordeaux and Lille are all underachieving and the Champions League spots are as wide open as they'll ever be. The way the next month shakes out will have a huge impact on the season, and by extension next season (European competition or not)

at Bordeaux (12th)
vs Saint-Étienne (6th)
at Lille (15th)
vs Angers (3rd)
at Caen (7th)

These games are absolutely critical. I see a win tomorrow against a Bordeaux side decimated by injuries.

An even more challenging stretch begins in mid-March: Lyon, Marseille, Reims, Nice, Guingamp, Monaco, PSG.

Should be aiming for 9-12 points from those. That's realistic and achievable as well.

29918.jpg

Utilisateurs enregistrés en ligne dans ce sujet: 0, Invité(s): 1
[Bot] claudebot

Pied de page

[ Généré en 0.040 secondes, 9 requêtes exécutées - Utilisation de la mémoire: 795.36 KiO (Pic : 852.26 KiO) ]