Stade Rennais Online - Le forum

Le forum des supporters du Stade Rennais

Vous n'êtes pas connecté.

#1 20-09-2015 13:23:21

MichaelBBack
Membre
Inscrit(e): 30-08-2015

My First Game

Hi everyone, I hope this post will fit with the forum rules. I'm an Englishman living in Rennes and I went to my first match the other day. I've followed the team for a few years now but I've only just moved to the city and had a chance to visit the stadium. My first game was the Lille match and it could've gone slightly better if we'd been able to net a winner, but it was an incredible night nonetheless. Obviously it was a special occasion given the Roazhon Park inauguration celebrations. The stadium was electric, Alan Stivell was brilliant, the fireworks were fantastic and the game itself was a great one to watch, filled with tension, sadness, joy and anger - everything that makes a football match great, really. After one night in Roazhon Park I can say I fell in love with the place and can't wait to go back. I'll be there next weekend for the Troyes game and will be heading to as many matches as possible. I suppose I just wanted to get an idea of the English-speaking presence on this forum. Are there many local English-speakers on here who go to games regularly? How were your first matches? If ever anyone (French or English-speaking) wants to organise a meet-up or go to a game together then I'd be happy to oblige.

#2 20-09-2015 15:22:07

Stringer Stanfield Little
Dealer de rêves
Inscrit(e): 19-06-2013

Re: My First Game

My first game was against Cannes in Jan 98. 2-0.

Hope you will enjoy!

We have been considered many things: A city in decay, a city in distress and without hope.
However we have never given up and we never say die. We are born fighters, we rise from the ashes. We are a community that believes in our future despite whatever anyone throws against us.
WE ARE DETROIT!

#3 20-09-2015 16:38:14

Grig
Membre
Inscrit(e): 23-06-2009

Hello Michael and welcome.
I don't think many native English speakers attend Rennes games, but there is among us people that can and will speak english whenever they have a chance to. Feel free to ask the day before or on game day for a meet. I think you can have a positive answer.

#4 20-09-2015 21:38:06

Roudoudou
Agecanonix
Inscrit(e): 11-06-2006

Erroneous answer. Sorry !

Dernière édition de: Roudoudou (20-09-2015 21:39:47)

À chaque époque, il est des gens qui ne pensent pas comme tout le monde, c’est à dire qui ne pensent pas comme ceux qui ne pensent pas.
-Marguerite Yourcenar -

#5 20-09-2015 21:52:41

MichaelBBack
Membre

Stringer Stanfield Little a écrit:

Hope you will enjoy!

Wow, you've been a follower for quite some time then. Aren't Cannes down in the amateur leagues these days? Things haven't gone too well for them. Thanks for the welcome.

Grig a écrit:

I don't think many native English speakers attend Rennes games, but there is among us people that can and will speak english whenever they have a chance to. Feel free to ask the day before or on game day for a meet. I think you can have a positive answer.

Thanks a lot! Well that's really good to hear. I went to Friday's game with my girlfriend (who is French and usually has no interest in football) and, surprisingly, she really loved it and was singing along with everyone else, but I don't think she'll go with me every week so it'd be great to meet up with some locals. I'll probably post over on the French section of the forum as well since there seems to be a lot of discussion there.

#6 20-09-2015 22:22:27

Grig
Membre
Inscrit(e): 23-06-2009

This section is basically there for english speakers to ask us about Rennes. There's not much activity here.

If you want to participate to the rest of the forum I encourage you to try and write French, since not all of us can understand English.

#7 16-10-2015 09:14:08

GVSDES
Membre
Inscrit(e): 16-10-2015

si vous avez plus de questions, vous pouvez me connecter, je connais bien l'anglais .. coque sony xperia z5 housse sony xperia z5

Dernière édition de: GVSDES (19-10-2015 04:40:14)

#8 16-10-2015 09:21:50

Roudoudou
Agecanonix
Inscrit(e): 11-06-2006

Who gives a s.... ?

À chaque époque, il est des gens qui ne pensent pas comme tout le monde, c’est à dire qui ne pensent pas comme ceux qui ne pensent pas.
-Marguerite Yourcenar -

#9 16-10-2015 17:51:12

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Inscrit(e): 19-10-2011
Site Web

lol

29918.jpg
For Rennes news in English: @WeAreRennes

#10 17-10-2015 05:43:47

Stringer Stanfield Little
Dealer de rêves
Inscrit(e): 19-06-2013

MichaelBBack a écrit:

Hope you will enjoy!

Wow, you've been a follower for quite some time then. Aren't Cannes down in the amateur leagues these days? Things haven't gone too well for them. Thanks for the welcome.

Grig a écrit:

Thanks a lot! Well that's really good to hear. I went to Friday's game with my girlfriend (who is French and usually has no interest in football) and, surprisingly, she really loved it and was singing along with everyone else, but I don't think she'll go with me every week so it'd be great to meet up with some locals. I'll probably post over on the French section of the forum as well since there seems to be a lot of discussion there.

Compare to some people here I am nothing more than a newbie as I have never smelt the perfum of the victory  mrgreen

Where are you from originally? Brittany has welcomed a few UK citizens (mostly retired and living in the countryside) but you will find quite a bit english speakers in town thanks to the universties'exchanges... 

If you are lucky, you could even meet CelticGlasgow sometimes! top

Dernière édition de: Stringer Stanfield Little (17-10-2015 05:45:53)

We have been considered many things: A city in decay, a city in distress and without hope.
However we have never given up and we never say die. We are born fighters, we rise from the ashes. We are a community that believes in our future despite whatever anyone throws against us.
WE ARE DETROIT!

#11 20-10-2015 12:09:11

MichaelBBack
Membre

MichaelBBack a écrit:

Hope you will enjoy!

Grig a écrit:

Compare to some people here I am nothing more than a newbie as I have never smelt the perfum of the victory  mrgreen

Where are you from originally? Brittany has welcomed a few UK citizens (mostly retired and living in the countryside) but you will find quite a bit english speakers in town thanks to the universties'exchanges... 

Haha. I'm from Birmingham in England originally, supported Aston Villa (because of my dad) and Manchester City (because of my great grandad) since I was a lad, and it's quite a different experience going to games in France. I've gone to a few matches at Roazhon Park now (Lille, Troyes, Nice) but I'm still waiting for my first win. I've been in Brittany for a few years (been living near Lannion, Côtes d'Armor), it's true that there are a lot of retired British folk over here, but Rennes seems to have a lot of younger people. A couple of my neighbours are Americans and I've heard a few English accents around town.

#12 21-10-2015 00:40:49

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

MichaelBBack a écrit:
MichaelBBack a écrit:

Haha. I'm from Birmingham in England originally, supported Aston Villa (because of my dad) and Manchester City (because of my great grandad) since I was a lad, and it's quite a different experience going to games in France. I've gone to a few matches at Roazhon Park now (Lille, Troyes, Nice) but I'm still waiting for my first win. I've been in Brittany for a few years (been living near Lannion, Côtes d'Armor), it's true that there are a lot of retired British folk over here, but Rennes seems to have a lot of younger people. A couple of my neighbours are Americans and I've heard a few English accents around town.

Don't go back, you've been bad luck for us. There was me thinking it was Montanier that was the problem.

29918.jpg

#13 21-10-2015 13:11:14

MichaelBBack
Membre

Glasgow_Celtic a écrit:
MichaelBBack a écrit:

Don't go back, you've been bad luck for us. There was me thinking it was Montanier that was the problem.

Haha, that's what I've started thinking. I haven't been able to get a ticket for the PSG game though, so that one's in the bag. wink

#14 22-10-2015 00:02:17

Glasgow_Celtic
Membre
Site Web

MichaelBBack a écrit:
Glasgow_Celtic a écrit:
MichaelBBack a écrit:

Haha, that's what I've started thinking. I haven't been able to get a ticket for the PSG game though, so that one's in the bag. wink

I'll add it to my accumulator!

We've been somewhat of a bogey team for PSG in recent games.

29918.jpg

#15 22-10-2015 22:15:43

MichaelBBack
Membre

Glasgow_Celtic a écrit:
MichaelBBack a écrit:
Glasgow_Celtic a écrit:

I'll add it to my accumulator!

We've been somewhat of a bogey team for PSG in recent games.

Yeah I was checking out the records and you have to go back quite a while to find a season where we didn't at least get a point off them.
Hopefully that trend can continue.

Utilisateurs enregistrés en ligne dans ce sujet: 0, Invité(s): 1
[Bot] claudebot

Pied de page

[ Généré en 0.025 secondes, 9 requêtes exécutées - Utilisation de la mémoire: 719.43 KiO (Pic : 760.33 KiO) ]