#1 30-12-2010 18:47:57

Puchkin
Random
Inscrit(e): 06-06-2005

Staff

Current Staff:

- Frédéric Antonetti (Manager)
- Pierre Dréossi (General Manager)
- Jean-Marie De Zerbi (Assistant Manager)
- Christophe Revel (Goalkeepers Coach)
- Nicolas Dyon (Physio)
- Pierrick Hiard (Head of recruitment)
- Éric Guérit (Scout)
- Marcel Campagnac (Scout)

#2 15-02-2020 00:53:23

Anthony35
Invité

Re: Staff

Translation crédits : https://twitter.com/rich_allen85

Oliver The Pond a écrit:

I was surprised. The club has never done so well sportingly and financially. In 27 months, beyond the sporting journey, we have beaten all records in terms of attendance at Roazhon Park, revenue from ticketing, sponsorship, merchandising, staff development. The club is very healthy financially and respects financial fair play rules. All indicators are green on and off the pitch. So, yes, when the owner announced this decision to me, I didn't understand. I absolutely did not expect it. I know the world of football is irrational. I also know that we cannot please everyone. Many employees were in tears when I left. I didn't expect so many  messages of affection. It seems to me the imprint left has been beautiful. The exchange (with François-Henri Pinault) was very cordial and I will keep it confidential. My dismissal is a shareholder decision that I must respect. It is not up to me to say whether it is unfair. It's incomprehensible. But I would have remained faithful to the end.

I think it is necessary to go back in time. The coach we appointed in December 2018, I had supported before when the results of the reserve team were not good. In January 2018, when the reserve team had 6 points, the director of the training center wanted to take his place, which I refused. On the contrary, I supported him in his position. Then I refused to let him go to Monaco because as I told him, he would one day be the coach of Stade Rennais. I found it peculiar that he was going to be number 3 in Monaco. I appointed him head of the first team because I was convinced of his potential. I then helped him, as is my role. If the club is where it is sportingly, it is especially because we were able to work together, that we were complementary. There were of course some moments of mutual misunderstanding such as the words of Hatem Ben Arfa, where we each have our share of responsibility. Since we spoke almost daily. During the past month, he came to see me regularly in my office. Recently, when I did not want to speak to the players the day before the match in Nîmes, he asked me to do so and I therefore spoke to them. I have always supported him. When I read that I gave him an ultimatum of three matches, I'll look you right in the eyes and say that's wrong. He was never threatened with dismissal after three matches in December. On the contrary, before and after Reims, at the height of the rumours, I saw him and told him that we would succeed together. I was convinced of it. I also read that I contacted Rémi Garde or Laurent Blanc to replace our coach. That's pure nonsense and I can only advise you to call them to check it.

I want to come back to what has been said in the media concerning doubts about the clarity of transfers. It is unacceptable that some people claim this rubbish with nasty and false information. I cannot accept it. Because beyond me, there is my family, my loved ones. The operating model was very transparent, trusted and shared with François-Henri Pinault who was aware of all important decisions. There was contact with the board of directors and Artémis with total transparency on finances.

Which club succeeds with 100% of its recruitment's? None. Injury must be taken into account and some players have had significant injuries. Jordi Siebatcheu had 3 major injuries. But if he is not there against Lille and doesn't score, we do not win the Coupe de France. We can also speak, without being exhaustive, of Mbaye (Niang), Clément (Grenier), Hatem (Ben Arfa), who was key last season. Damien (Da Silva) and Jérémy (Morel) who arrived for free. And Raphinha? Is this failure? And Edouard (Mendy), bought for €4m when several clubs were interested, and replaced Tomas Koubek who was sold for almost double? How many points has he won for us since the start of the season? Who thought it was possible for a world champion to join Stade Rennais eighteen months after the final? Steven Nzonzi signed despite multiple offers, notably in England. Do you think that with failed recruitments, we would have reached the level of performance we did? Finally, when the valuation of a squad increases from €60m to more than €200m in 27 months, does that mean the recruitment is not good?

I am what I am: very demanding of me and everyone, very hardworking. I came to Rennes to win and develop the club, not to be friends. It was necessary to change mentalities, the culture of the club, the organization. It was fundamental to in order to get the results. I suggest you go and speak to the employees of the club and you'll find a large majority were very sad to learn of my departure. I had requests (to go elsewhere) but I did not respond to any, I had neither the time nor the desire. I was focused exclusively on Stade Rennais with more plans to continue to develop the club, and my family very much enjoys Rennes. Concerning Eduardo (Camavinga), I also read a lot of things such as that I hadn't extended his contract for long enough. It's quite funny, an U18 cannot sign for more than 3 seasons, so it was impossible to extend Eduardo beyond June 30, 2022. As for discussions with Real Madrid concerning him, they didn’t happen and simply never existed between clubs! Just call Real Madrid to check it out! The way we have managed Eduardo could not be more favorable for the club. We anticipated the signing of the professional contract and the extension of him as much as possible. The interests of the club could not be better protected.

All the decisions taken, all the choices made were made in the interest of the club. I'm not saying that all the decisions were good, but they were all made for the club. I never did politics, I never wanted to protect myself. Only one thing mattered to me: Stade Rennais, winning, restoring pride and bringing emotion back to the community. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing. We can be proud and happy with what we have done in a very short time. We have written a beautiful page in the history of the club. I'm not just talking about the Coupe de France. The best trophies are the scenes of joy, of emotion, of the community. I will keep in me a huge affection for the club, the players, the staff, the supporters. No one will take away from us what we have done, we are forever bound. I will always remain a supporter of the club.

As I said to the players, we have accomplished great things together but we have to aim even higher. I had one thing in mind: to take Stade Rennais to the Champion's League. I leave the club in 3rd and I hope they remain there. It is also impossible to forget our great supporters who have always been there, who have always supported us. Their tribute during the match against Brest touched me a lot and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. I gave everything for the club. Now I have to accept this decision and forget about it. First I want to take care of my family and spend some time with them. The school holidays are timely. I know that I will quickly be ready for a new role but I do not want to hurry. I want to choose the right project, the one that will best match my values. Life is unfair, life is hard, but it is beautiful.

I believe this decision to be the worst ever seen in the history of football. Of course some would pick this or that other event, but it is my opinion, whether you agree or not.

We’ll see in the future what that guy will be able to do, after having being spat in the face and still taking it as a gentleman.

Hope that the owners will find a good alternative, but I believe we are currently living a peak that will hardly get to be seen again here.

Cheers, Olivier.

Dernière édition de: Anthony35 (15-02-2020 00:56:41)

Utilisateurs enregistrés en ligne dans ce sujet: 0, Invité(s): 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Pied de page

[ Généré en 0.023 secondes, 7 requêtes exécutées - Utilisation de la mémoire: 671.44 KiO (Pic : 694.71 KiO) ]